Linn County Public Health (LCPH) will hold vaccine clinics in four Cedar Rapids Community School District schools the week of November 29. The clinics will be open to anyone between the ages of 5 and 11 with a parent present. No appointment is necessary. Please note that the COVID-19 vaccination is optional. The first hundred people ages 5 to 11 who receive a vaccine at each clinic will receive a $50 Target gift card, which is provided by LCPH and funded by the Greater Cedar Rapids Foundation.
Each clinic will be held from 4:00 to 6:00 p.m. in the following locations:
- Monday, November 29: Johnson STEAM Academy, main entry foyer
- 355 18th St SE, Cedar Rapids
- Tuesday, November 30: Nixon Elementary School, gym
- 200 Nixon Dr, Hiawatha
- Wednesday, December 1: Hoover Community School, gym
- 4141 Johnson Ave NW, Cedar Rapids
- Thursday, December 2: Cedar River Academy at Taylor Elementary, south gym (enter via bus doors on 7th Ave SW side)
- 720 7th Ave SW, Cedar Rapids
Learn more about the COVID-19 vaccination for 5-11 year olds on the Mayo Clinic’s website and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s website.