In September 2014, voters approved a 10-year extension of Cedar Rapids Community School District’s Physical Plant and Equipment Levy (PPEL). These funds support the maintenance and upkeep of CRCSD’s 425 acres of grounds and 2.7 million square feet of building space. The PPEL has been supported by voters for 40 years.
View PPEL Promises by year in the resources below.
PPEL rate and fund use
The PPEL will be at the rate of $1.34 per $1,000 of assessed valuation, and will be in effect from July 1, 2015, through June 30, 2025. This levy will provide funds for:
- Building envelope maintenance and repair, including roofing and masonry
- Campus parking lots and asphalt for playgrounds
- Preventative maintenance, with planned equipment purchases and facility repairs, according to the facilities master plan
- Projects that provide for safe and secure schools for students and staff
- Increased investment in vehicles and busses
- Improved energy conservation efforts