Charitable Payroll Deduction Campaign
The objectives of the Charitable Payroll Deduction Campaign of the Cedar Rapids Community School District are to:
- Minimize the administrative burden on the school district and to minimize or eliminate costs to the taxpayers that such a campaign may entail
- Create little or no disruption of the workplace;
- Avoid the reality and appearance of the use of school district resources in aid of fund raising for groups substantially engaged in political activity or advocacy of public policy, or lobbying; and
- Create a non-public forum through which charitable donations may be made.
To meet these objectives, eligibility for participation in the Charitable Payroll Deduction Campaign shall be limited to:
- The Cedar Rapids Community School District Foundation, and
- Voluntary, charitable federations who conduct consolidated fund-raising efforts on behalf of member organizations which qualify for tax exempt status described in Section 501(a) and Section 501(c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
The Superintendent, the Executive Director of Human Resources, or another designee of the Superintendent shall review the applications of federations seeking to participate in the Charitable Payroll Deduction Campaign and shall approve up to two (2) qualifying federations meeting the objectives and criteria set forth in this policy. These two (2) entities will be in addition to the Cedar Rapids Community School District Foundation.
- Approved: 03-12-07
- Reviewed: 12-08-14
- Revised: 10-14-19
- Documents: 1009
Back to Series 1000