Extended Learning Opportunities/Homework
The needs of individual students must be the driving force of all instructional decisions. Extended learning
opportunities/homework, a logical extension of classroom learning, should be viewed as one of several methods educators use to show children that 21st century learning takes place in multiple learning environments utilizing a variety of resources.
Extended learning opportunities/homework should be developmentally appropriate and:
- enrich and extend the school experience,
- enable the student to learn more about concepts presented,
- provide the student with purposeful practice and practical application of learning,
- provide an opportunity for the student to reflect on learning and receive feedback, and
- develop an understanding of the importance of good work habits and responsibility.
Communication between home and school regarding the nature and quantity of extended learning opportunities/homework is expected.
- Approved: 02-11-80 Approved: 02-11-80
- Revised: 06-08-87 Revised: 06-08-87
- Reviewed: 11-13-89 Reviewed: 11-13-89, 01-25-93, 06-24-96, 08-09-99
- Revised: 02-12-07 Revised: 02-12-07, 02-10-14, 01-14-19
- Documents: 407
Back to Series 400