Applications for nonresident students to attend a District school on a tuition basis will be made in writing to the Superintendent/designee who will consult with the receiving principal and with an appropriate official of the sending school district, and the Executive Director of Special Education, if appropriate.
Upon the Superintendent’s approval of the nonresident student tuition request notification of the tuition request will be sent to the Business Services office with the necessary information for tuition charges.
Tuition charges for non-resident students will be based upon the number of periods per week that the class is in session out of the total number of class periods per week. Tuition will be based upon Supplemental State Aid. Billings will be issued by the District at the beginning of each semester and prorated for the amount of time the student is enrolled.
Iowa Code: Chapter 256.13, 282.1, 282.24
Cross Reference: Regulation 701.1
- Approved: 01-05-81 Approved: 01-05-81
- Reviewed: 01-22-90 Reviewed: 01-22-90
- Revised: 04-05-93 Revised: 04-05-93
- Reviewed: 07-15-96 Reviewed: 07-15-96
- Revised: 09-14-98 Revised: 09-14-98, 03-24-08, 10-26-15
- Reviewed: 03-09-2020 Reviewed: 03-09-2020
- Documents: 602.5a
Back to Series 600