Student Rights and Responsibilities
The Board of Directors, District administration, and staff will establish reasonable rules and procedures to assure and maintain a safe and orderly environment for all students. Rules and procedures will align with the mission and goals of the District and the protection of the health, safety, and welfare of students, taking into consideration student rights. Schools will establish procedures to inform students and parents/guardians regarding rules and expectations.
Students are responsible for knowing school rules and following them. If a student is unable or unwilling to comply with the rules and expectations, staff members should intervene to protect the rights of other students and to maintain a safe and orderly environment.
- Approved: 02-27-78 Approved: 02-27-78
- Reviewed: 03-12-90 Reviewed: 03-12-90
- Revised: 03-26-90 Revised: 03-26-90, 10-11-93
- Reviewed: 07-15-96 Reviewed: 07-15-96
- Revised: 07-14-14 Revised: 07-14-14
- Reviewed: 10-14-19 Reviewed: 10-14-19
- Documents: 603
Back to Series 600