This week, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) approved the COVID-19 vaccine for children ages 5 to 11. Cedar Rapids Community School District is moving quickly in tandem with Linn County Public Health to organize vaccination clinics in CRCSD schools. We want you to be aware of our upcoming clinics so you can plan accordingly. We will communicate specifics as soon as they are solidified.
The clinics will be open to anyone between the ages of 5 and 11 with a parent present.
COVID-19 Vaccine for children ages 5-11 years are being shipped nationwide. Inventory information is being updated on Vaccines.gov and will be available soon. In Linn County, there are several options for obtaining pediatric vaccine. A few options from healthcare partners are:
- Linn County Public Health at 1020 6th Street SE, Cedar Rapids is administering COVID-19 vaccine to ages 5 and over. Call (319) 892-6093 to schedule an appointment.
- Mercy Cedar Rapids: The Mercy Vaccine Clinic, at 5264 Council St. NE, will begin administering vaccines to children on Friday, Nov. 5, 2021. Online scheduling is now open for appointments between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m., Monday through Friday, at www.mercycare.org/covidvaccine. Mercy Pediatric Clinic patients will begin scheduling appointments on Friday, Nov. 5 to receive the vaccine. Call (319) 861-7900 to schedule an appointment.
- Mount Vernon Pharmacy at 113 1st Street NE, Mount Vernon will offer COVID-19 pediatric vaccine. Call (319) 895-6248 to schedule an appointment.
- Reutzel Pharmacy at 617 8th Avenue SE, Cedar Rapids will offer COVID-19 pediatric vaccine. Call (319) 364-4181 to schedule an appointment.
- UnityPoint Health – Cedar Rapids: All UnityPoint Clinic Family Medicine and Pediatric offices will offer COVID-19 vaccines to children ages 5-11 in the coming days. Parents and guardians will be notified via MyUnityPoint and email when appointments are available.