Preparing all students for the future
Cedar Rapids Community School District (CRCSD) has an enriching history of educating students since 1855. Today, we are the second largest public education provider in Iowa, with more than 16,000 students and nearly 3,200 teachers and staff at work in 32 schools throughout Cedar Rapids. We build on our past and present to supply an education that prepares students for the future.
Our vision is Every Learner. Future Ready. This guiding principle helps us enrich our community and embrace all backgrounds and cultures. We share a learning environment that welcomes everyone, as we prepare all students with pathways and passions for their future.
The breadth of our educational offerings displayed the attributes of our vision. The range includes traditional learning environments, a fully-virtual academy, many varied AP courses, career and technical training education, English language learners programming and support, five magnet schools, Iowa BIG project-based learning, preschool, and before/after school daycare.
Teacher excellence is fundamental to our vision. CRCSD boasts the most nationally-certified teachers in the state. All of our employees work in an environment that is named to Forbes’ 2021 Best-in-State Employer list.
We welcome you to our website and thank you for your interest in CRCSD!
From preschool through high school, please visit our Registration and Enrollment information on how to sign up your student to attend a CRCSD school.
Every Learner. Future Ready.
To ensure all learners experience a rigorous and personalized learning experience so they have a plan, a pathway and a passion for their future.
• We believe leadership is a collaborative action that empowers stakeholders to promote improvement.
• We believe innovative educational experiences foster creativity, promote personalized learning, and connect students’ passions to their future world.
• We believe equity of voices, resources, opportunities, and expectations is critical for the current and future success of every student.
• We believe students are empowered to take ownership when they engage as partners in their learning.
• We believe all community members are valued and thrive in a safe, diverse, engaging, and growth-oriented culture/climate while exhibiting respect for the well-being of self, others, and the learning environment.
• We believe all students deserve high quality instruction which provides academic, social, and emotional learning to prepare for a successful future.