Magnet schools are theme-based schools providing choice in a student’s learning environment and are built on five pillars: diversity, innovative curriculum and professional development, academic excellence, leadership, and family and community partnerships. Magnet schools utilize state and Cedar Rapids Community School District educational standards, but deliver instruction within a theme.
CRCSD has six magnet schools of choice:
- Cedar River Academy at Taylor Elementary—sustainability theme
- Johnson STEAM Academy—science, technology, engineering, arts, mathematics (STEAM) theme
- Kenwood Leadership Academy—leadership theme
- McKinley STEAM Academy—STEAM theme
- Roosevelt Creative Corridor Business Academy—business theme through STEAM, leadership and entrepreneurship, and global systems
- City View Community High School—Your community is your classroom
Students who live outside of the magnet schools’ attendance zones may enter the magnet school lottery. Learn more about the magnet school lottery here.
Cedar River Academy
at Taylor Elementary School
720 7th Ave SW, Cedar Rapids, IA
Johnson STEAM Academy
355 18th St SE, Cedar Rapids, IA
Kenwood Leadership Academy
3700 E Ave NE, Cedar Rapids, IA
McKinley STEAM Academy
620 10th St SE, Cedar Rapids, IA
Roosevelt Creative Corridor
300 13th St NW, Cedar Rapids, IA
City View Community High School
Location – Coming Soon!