Board Regulation 406.3 specifies that School Improvement Advisory Committee (SIAC) shall be established to ensure community involvement in:
1. the determination of major educational needs;
2. the determination and prioritization of student learning goals;
3. the provision of long range goals that include, but are not limited to, the state indicators that address reading, mathematics and science achievement;
4. the harassment or bullying prevention goals, programs, training, and other initiatives.
At least annually, the School Improvement Advisory Committee shall make recommendations to the Board of Education with regard to:
1. progress achieved with the annual goals for the state indicators that address, reading, mathematics, and science;
2. progress achieved with locally determined core indicators, and
3. annual improvement goals for the state indicators that address reading, mathematics, and science achievement.
Committee membership shall include students, parents, teachers, administrators, and representatives from the local community. To the extent possible, committee membership has balanced representation of the following: race, gender, national origin, and disability. (Gender balance is defined as half male and half female for even-numbered committees or half plus one for odd-numbered committees.) The Superintendent/designee shall serve as ex-officio Chair of the Committee.
At least annually, the SIAC shall make recommendations to the Board with regard to progress achieved with annual improvement goals for the State indicators that indicate reading, mathematics, and science, progress achieved with other locally determined indicators, and annual improvement goals for the State indicators that address reading, mathematics, and science.
Meeting agendas and minutes are available here. You will need to filter for School Improvement Advisory Committee.
Committee Members – 2023/2024 School Year
Karinne Tharaldson, Chief of Academics
Adam Zimmermann, Executive Director of Innovation
2023-2024 meeting dates
All meetings held from 5:30PM-7:00PM at the Educational Leadership & Support Center (ELSC)
Thursday, October 12, 2023
Wednesday, January 24, 2024
Tuesday, April 23, 2024