State law (SF 277) requires that districts create a teacher quality committee. The committee shall have equal representation of administrators and teachers. The teacher members shall be appointed by the certified employee organization if one exists, and if not, by the school district’s or agency’s administration. The administrator members shall be appointed by the school board.
Per the law, the committee shall do the following:
(1) Monitor the implementation of the requirements of statutes and administrative code provisions relating to Chapter 284, including requirements that affect any agreement negotiated pursuant to chapter 20.
(2) Monitor the evaluation requirements of Chapter 284 to ensure evaluations are conducted in a fair and consistent manner throughout the school district.
(3) Determine the use and distribution of the professional development funds distributed to the school district or agency as provided in section 257.9, subsection 10, or section 257.10, subsection 10, based upon school district or agency, attendance center, and individual teacher and professional development plans.
(4) Monitor the professional development in each attendance center to ensure that the professional development meets school district or agency, attendance center, and individual professional development plans.
(5) Ensure the agreement negotiated pursuant to Chapter 20 determines the compensation for teachers on the committee for work responsibilities required beyond the normal work day.
Meeting agendas and minutes are available here. You will need to filter for Teacher Quality Committee.
Chief Academic Officer, Committee Chair
CREA President, Teacher Quality Liaison
Chief Financial Officer
Executive Director Innovation
Elementary School Teacher
High School Teacher
2023-2024 Meeting Dates
All meeting held from 4:00PM-5:00PM at the Educational Leadership & Support Center (ELSC)