Student Performance at Political Events
The following criteria will govern the participation of student performances at political events:
- Performances of student groups are appropriate at events attended by the current President and/or Vice-President of the United States, or Governor of the State of Iowa whether the event is considered to be of a partisan nature or not.
- Requests for student performances at partisan political events will be directed to the Superintendent for consideration.
- Student participation shall be voluntary in all cases.
- Students who perform at such events serve as ambassadors of the District and are expected to conduct themselves in accordance with Board policy.
- Use of school-owned apparel, equipment, instruments, and material is permitted for approved performances.
- Participation of student performing groups shall not be construed as endorsement of any political party or position by the Cedar Rapids Community School District.
- Approved: 06-09-97
- Reviewed: 08-09-99, 12-08-03
- Revised: 02-14-11, 08-22-16
- Reviewed: 06-14-2021
- Documents: 404.6
Back to Series 400