Staff Use of Cell Phones
- Cell phones shall be used in a manner that does not disrupt instruction or the workplace except in the case of an emergency or safety concern.
- Cell phone use may constitute a public record and be subject to an Open Records request.
- Employees should use their cell phone to complete Multifactor Authentication (MFA) requests for district supported applications and programs.
- Caution should be used when deciding to share confidential information via cell phone.
- Employees should not use a cell phone while driving.
- School bus drivers are prohibited from using any communication device while operating the bus except in the case of an emergency or to call for assistance after the vehicle has been stopped.
- Limited to prep/break/lunch times except in the case of an emergency and should not disrupt the workplace or learning environment.
Code Reference: Iowa Code Chapter 22
- Approved: 08-08-11 Approved: 08-08-11
- Revised: 01-25-16 Revised: 01-25-16, 10-25-2021
- Documents: 512.1
Back to Series 500