Metro Care Connection school-based health centers provide expanded health services to include primary care services to our Cedar Rapids Community School District (CRCSD) students. The centers are located at three of our high schools, but may serve all CRCSD students PK-12.
Our centers are staffed by advanced registered nurse practitioners (ARNP’s), who provide physical and preventive health services to students in a youth-friendly environment. Services are provided to students regardless of ability to pay.
- Physical examinations and immunizations
- Treatment of minor illness (i.e. ear infection, strep throat)
- Basic laboratory tests (i.e. throat cultures, urine tests)
- Prescriptions for medications (i.e. antibiotics)
- Health education and counseling
- Referral for complex medical conditions
In order to receive medical care at one of the school-based health clinics, students under the age of 18 must have a completed consent form signed by a parent/guardian. Parents/guardians are requested to be present for scheduled physicals or appointments.
Formulaire de consentement à remplir
Formulario de consentimiento rellenable
Fomu ya idhini inayoweza kujazwa
Iowa codes 139A.35 and 141A.7 provide that a minor may consent for diagnosis of pregnancy/sexually transmitted disease testing and the treatment of any STD and that the consent of a parent or guardian is not necessary for these services.
Schedule an appointment
Since Metro Care Connection is part of Cedar Rapids Community School District health services, referrals are facilitated through the school nurse whenever possible. If you would like to make an appointment with a Metro Care Connection nurse practitioner, please contact your child’s school nurse for more information and appropriate paperwork. Metro Care Connection can be contacted directly at 319-558-2481.
Locations and hours
Metro Care Connection health centers are open during school hours only and are located at:
- Jefferson High School, 1243 20th St SW, Cedar Rapids, 319-558-2221
- Kennedy High School, 4545 Wenig Rd NE, Cedar Rapids, 319-558-2054
- Metro High School, 1212 7th St SE, Cedar Rapids, 319-558-2272
Individual clinic hours and days may vary. Please call to schedule all appointments.