Iowa BIG celebrates the unique partnership between school districts and area businesses. The Cedar Rapids and College Community school districts collaborate to offer the Iowa BIG program to students.
Iowa BIG is an opportunity for high school students to expand their learning outside the traditional classroom for part of the school day. As competency-based education, it focuses on the concepts of:
- learner co-designed coursework
- a demonstrated ability in both common content standards and 21st century skills
- the development of skills necessary to work in diverse situations and relationships
- design thinking to better understand how content, problems, and solutions are related
- community connection via resume-building projects and experiences.
For more information, visit iowabig.org.