Cedar Rapids Community School District offers a wide range of 3- and 4-year old preschool opportunities for students and families. Your student is eligible to apply for preschool if they are turning 3 or 4 years old on or before Sept. 15, 2022.
There is no fee for 4-year old preschool and 3-year old preschool is $300 per month. At select buildings, financial assistance is available for those who qualify based on income.
Transportation is optional for 4-year-old students attending Truman Early Childhood Center, families are responsible for transportation for students attending a half day preschool program, except for qualifying Individual Education Plan (IEP) students.
To register for preschool, please upload the required documents found below through the online registration process with the buttons below. Registration does NOT guarantee a placement/enrollment. Early Learning will follow up with families when students are placed.
To contact the Early Learning team, call 319-558-2549 or email email@example.com.
- Child’s birth certificate
- Proof of residency
- Household financial documentation (for financial assistance consideration)
- Two most current pay stubs per working parent in the household, or;
- A Letter of Notice from Iowa DHS stating active eligibility for Medicaid health insurance or food assistance/SNAP benefits
- Note: Your household income cannot be verified with an Iowa DHS medical or food assistance card.