Skip navigation
Career Skills
70+Career and Technology Education Classes
CRCSD volleyball 2023

Permit requests for the upcoming school year will be accepted from February 1st until August 1st.

Mid-year permit requests will be accepted from December 1st to December 20th.

Parents/guardians may request an in-district attendance permit for their student to attend a school outside of their resident attendance area for students who meet one of the following criteria:

  • Student has unique family circumstances
  • Student has moved and is living outside of their attending school’s residence area
  • Student has a sibling currently attending the requested school

For assistance, please contact your child’s school or

Permitted students are NOT eligible for transportation.

Please note that admission to magnet schools is by the lottery process. Learn more about the magnet school lottery here.

School attendance areas

High school student-athletic transfers within CRCSD

Permission to attend another Cedar Rapids Community School District high school may affect athletic eligibility.

Key contacts

Samona Harrison

Office of Student Services